Chairpersons, Regional Chairs and Teachers:
It’s time to prep for the 2019/2020 CFAE Youth Art Month Program!
Youth Art Month celebrations typically take place in March, with the national celebration taking place in the Youth Art Month Museum at the National Art Education Association Convention March 26 – 28, 2020 in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
It’s never too early to start planning. If you are involved with your state Youth Art Month Program, we encourage you to get a jump start. Click here to see our full year monthly calendars.
August/September To Do’s:
- Fundraising and Sponsorship
- Artwork and Exhibits
- Student/School Participation for Flag Contest
- Media/Social Media
- Technology (electronic forms/image/artwork submissions and registration)
- Select district or regional Youth Art Month coordinators. They can assist with making sure you reach your goals as well as assist with reporting Youth Art Month events for your statewide report.
Update State Art Education Association Website
- Review your State Art Education Association website and begin to identify and implement any needed updates.
Plan Events for Statewide Art Education Association Meeting
- Begin plans to communicate the 2019/2020 Youth Art Month theme and program at your State Art Education Association Meeting. The theme is “Take a Journey through Art”. Here are some ideas of what you can do:
- Create a Youth Art Month Information Packet that teachers can access on your State Art Education Association website. Email the information packet to teachers also.
- Plan a workshop on how to participate in Youth Art Month at the local level.
Communicate to Teachers
- Distribute printed postcards to teachers with important Youth Art Month planning dates.
- Create your flag entry form (or use ours) and instructions. Distribute the form to teachers via email and electronic media, and post on your State Art Education Association website. (State winner should be selected no later than December 31, 2019 if possible)
State Art Exhibit Planning
- If you are planning a statewide exhibit at your State Capitol, reserve this space now.
- If you are planning on having a special speaker at your statewide exhibit at your State Capitol, begin the search process now.