It’s time to prep for the 2019/2020 CFAE Youth Art Month Program!
Youth Art Month celebrations typically take place in March, with the national celebration taking place in the Youth Art Month Museum at the National Art Education Association Convention March 26 – 28, 2020 in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
It’s never too early to start planning. If you are involved with your state Youth Art Month Program, we encourage you to get a jump start. Click here to see our full year monthly calendars.
August To Do’s:
- Select district or regional Youth Art Month coordinators. They can assist with making sure you reach your goals as well as assist with reporting events.
- Begin plans to communicate the 2019/2020 Youth Art Month theme and program at your State Art Education Association Meeting. The theme is “Take a Journey through Art”. Here are some ideas of what you can do:
- Set up an information table on Youth Art Month
- Plan a workshop on how to participate in Youth Art Month at the local level
- Distribute printed postcards to teachers with important Youth Art Month planning dates
- Review your State Art Education Association website and begin to identify and implement any needed updates.
- Create your flag entry form (or use ours) and instructions. Distribute the form to teachers via email and electronic media, and post on your State Art Education Association website. (State winner should be selected no later than December 31, 2019 if possible)